Imago Relationship Therapy
Imago Relationship Therapy is a highly effective form of relationship and couples therapy that has helped couples and individuals in a positive way for many years. Imago Relationship Therapy is for everyone in a relationship who wants to learn an effective way of relating with your partner in order to stay loving, intimate, strong and committed.
Some couples who have benefited from Imago work are the following:
- Couples in a loving and committed relationship that they want to maintain with all the right skills
- Couples in a long term relationship who want to ensure that no disillusionment may set in
- Couples in a new relationship who want to build it on a good foundation of communication and intimacy
- Couples who feel that their loving relationship is blocked in some ways by ineffective patters of relating
- Couples who need assistance in repairing the relationship that has experienced some pain
- Couples who are faced with important transitions in their lives
IMAGO couple’s therapy will help you understand your partner’s needs and know exactly how to meet them in a skilful way. This will deepen your understanding of your partner and discover the authentic person in each of you that will lead to a safe and secure relationship. Commitments will be strengthened through loving and caring behaviors. Put an end to all your arguments, criticisms and put downs. Learn how to listen, communicate and express yourself in order to get the love that you want.
There are two Certified Imago Therapists at International Counselling & Psychology Centre who can:
- Introduce you and your partner to Imago relationship therapy in one on one sessions in a private setting
- Guide you, as a single individual, to prepare for a strong foundation of relationship skills that will be long lasting
- Provide you with information on the “Getting The Love You Want” weekend workshop for couples, offered yearly in Singapore
- Help parents build on parenting skills that will help them connect with their children and prevent negative faulty patterns of family dynamics from being passed on
There are moments in a loving and safe relationship that one may feel distant or unsupported. Life’s challenges and demands may come along and we wonder what is going on. We may worry that the initial excitement of the earlier years of young love is now gone and differences, arguments and frustrations may be increasing.
These differences, disagreements and frustrations that are now observed is part of what occurs in the stages of relationship as explained by The Imago Relationship theory. Understand the story of your relationship in an insightful and curious way. Exploring, understanding and appreciating your differences can become the most joyous experience of your life, and a path to lasting love.
Learn The Imago Dialogue now! It is a simple, respectful and effective way to talk with your partner about the things that really matter. In Imago, there’s no blame, shame or criticism. Instead, a stronger connection comes through attentive listening and being deeply heard in an emotionally safe environment.
A world-leading approach Imago is based on the best-selling book “Getting The Love You Want”, by Harville Hendrix, PhD, who co-founded Imago Relationships International together with his partner, Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD. Imago weaves together leading psychological theories and practical observations on the experience of love, offering an approach to relationships that is both compelling and easy to understand. The Imago Institute has certified well over 1,000 therapists in over 25 countries. It’s helpful to read about Imago, but it is even more compelling to see it demonstrated at workshops or to experience it in counselling.
Feeling connected to someone you love can be the most wonderful experience in the world. Imago Relationships Therapy counseling will help you and your partner build a better life together.